SIMPLE and EFFICIENT
Each Member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in 1 hour, with an optional 60 minutes beforehand for networking/socializing.
- Any member who has signed a commitment form and who is current with his donations may submit a nomination form to nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- The nominating members of three randomly selected organizations will each make a five-minute presentation to the group about their nominated organizations.
- Each member who has signed a commitment form and who is current with his donations may vote (by secret ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- At the end of the meeting, each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation equivalent to the number of members X $100 or more, depending on attendance at the meeting.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- A member who is unable to attend a meeting is expected to give his cheque to another member to deliver on his behalf for that meeting.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Cowichan Valley area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not selected at one meeting will automatically be re-submitted at a subsequent meeting.
- Once chosen, a successful organization is not eligible for future consideration for 3 years. The nominating member may submit the name of another organization.
- Ties will be decided by further votes. If a tie persists, the membership will vote either to (1) randomly select one of the tied organizations by draw; or (2) divide the group donation equally between the tied organizations.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- During the meeting an update, on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used, by the successful organization. A Charity representative will talk about the Charity and answer any questions.