Total Donated to Date 26-11-2018 : $66,350
Three charities are randomly selected, the members who nominated the Charities will each make a 5 minute presentations to the group. Members in attendance then vote for their first choice. The top vote-getter receives 100% of the total funding and the other two charities return to the draw bucket. The total amount granted is based on the number of members who pay $100 for that event.
6. Meeting: March 04, 2019 @ Arbutus Ridge Golf Club
Clements Centre Society – $11,300
The CCS Mission and Vision:
The Clements Centre Society envisions a community in which all individuals are included, valued and celebrated.
We assist children and youth with developmental needs and adults with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential. We do this by providing a comprehensive range of services for individuals and the families who care for them.
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to needed services that achieve optimal outcomes.
- All people are entitled to live and participate as full citizens in the community of their choice, with the same rights, obligations and responsibilities as other citizens.
- All people must have their personal autonomy protected, with every effort made to nurture and enhance self-determination.
5. Meeting: November 26, 2018 @ Shawnigan Lake School
Cowichan Valley Performing Arts Foundation – $10,850
The CVPAF Mission and Vision:
- Our Mission is simple … To enrich the lives of Cowichan Valley youth through bursaries and scholarships dedicated to the performing arts.
- Our Vision to is also clearly defined … To help support children in the Cowichan Valley to pursue their interests in performing arts programs by assisting in removing financial obstacles which may impede their participation in youth-based performing arts programs
4. Meeting: Sept 04, 2018 @ Arbutus Ridge Golf Club
Cowichan Valley Youth Services Society – $11,200
Mission;- We are dedicated to creating and providing opportunities that strengthen the bonds of young people to their families and the community.
3. Meeting: June 05, 2018 @ Arbutus Ridge Golf Club
Cowichan Hospice Society – $10,500
Mission;- We are a dedicated, compassionate, client-centered team collaborating to offer accessible, high quality, end-of-life care that meets the physical, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of our clients in a respectful and caring environment.
2. Meeting: March 06, 2018 @ Arbutus Ridge Golf Club
(Roots of Empathy) CCCSA Chemainus Crofton Community Schools Association – $10,000
Mission;- Roots of Empathy is an international, evidence-based classroom program that has shown significant effect in reducing levels of aggression among schoolchildren by raising social/emotional competence and increasing empathy. The program is designed for children ages 5 to 13. In Canada, the program is delivered in English and French and reaches rural, urban, and remote communities including Indigenous communities.
1. Inaugural Meeting:December 04, 2017 @ Arbutus Ridge Golf Club
Nourish Cowichan Society – $8,100 + $4,000 work in kind by Cowichan Woodwork Ltd + $400 Unsworth Vineyard.
Nourish Cowichan Society:
Nourish Cowichan is a society that provides nutritious school-based breakfasts to the children of the Cowichan Valley, thereby helping them reach their full potential.